Creator & Individual Developer (available in the Xbox 360 Arcades Games Marketplace)
C#, XNA, DirectX, HLSL (Shaders), XBOX 360, PC
The goal of the game is to make it from point A to point B without running out of fuel, health and time.
- Wrote a Graphics Engine based on the XNA framework, and added the support of shaders.
- Created a Shaders Engine that supports as many FX (Effect) files as needed
- Among these shaders effects are: Phong Shading for lighting, Normal Mapping, Cel Shading, Shadow Mapping (soon), maybe more to come…
- Developed a Physics Engine that supports external/internal forces, linear/angular motions, collision momentum…
- Wrote a Collision Engine that performs a precise collision check, returns the intersection points on the body along with the normals then readjusts the object accordingly.
- Developed a 3D Particle System engine using Point Sprites and .fx file for rendering. The engine supports collision of particles with any object in the world.
- Wrote the HUD system for the game, along with the Sound Engine.
- Developed a Load and Save Manager that loads/saves the player’s high score. It also saves the game settings.
- Implemented a Content Pipeline Importer and Writer for my custom collision data files.
- Read input from the XBOX 360 controller and Keyboard
- Did the 3D models and all the art assets by myself using 3ds Max.
- Debugged several components (physics engine, collision…) using Visual Studio’s debugger for the PC version and debugged the XBOX 360 version while having the console attached to VS through XNA Connect.
- The game runs on a High Definition TV with a resolution of 1920×1080 (1080p).
- It contains 10 unique levels with many different enemies, items and environmental effects!