Creator & Individual Developer
C++, Cocos2d-x, Objective-C, Cocoa, OSX, C#, XNA, HLSL (Shaders), XBOX 360, PC
Mac Editor that allows building character animations and interactions for a crossplatform 2D game.
- Wrote a Character Editor that helps creating characters and animations using “parts” (head, torso, legs, weapons) that constitute the character.
- Every part is a reference (source rectangle) in a sprite sheet.
- The animation is constituted off of keyframes, which can have scripts attached to them.
- Artists could only draw 1 generic pose for a character, then use the editor to create multiple animations.
- Has triggers, which for instance could act as hotspots to squirt blood at specific frames…
- Create as many frames as needed, keyframes as well as animations.
- Supports scripting for Combat Combos creation, trigger events (slow motion, firing bullets, spraying blood, play sound, etc…)
- Two characters could be loaded simultaneously to easily create interactional animations (like Fatalities, Finishing combo and more)
- It has a playback view that shows a preview of the characters in motion.
- Saves/loads any character within milliseconds. Plus the size of the generated file ranges from 100kb to 300kb!
- To update any character and reflect the changes in the game, just modify it in the editor, save and run the game!
- Then the game just loads the character and it’s ready for combat!
- The editor’s UI was written in native Mac OS X (Objective-C / Cocoa).
- And everything else using C++ / Cocos2d-x.
- The whole level can be based off of 1 sprite sheet, and the editor will allow creating custom “level elements” that can be used to decorate the environment.