Senior Game Developer
ActionScript 3, Flash 11 Molehill (3D)
Nurture a crazy Farm on the Countryside with FarmVille 2! Create, build and nourish the farm of your dreams in FarmVille 2. You’ll interact with a variety of interesting characters, grow and unlock special crops, take care of animals, and make your farm come alive.
- Was the very first game that was using Flash 11 (3D, codename Molehill).
- Built and shipped FV2 from the ground up with a very small engineering team.
- Wrote a Character Customization Engine that allows compositing pieces of clothes for the FV characters. Artists would draw the textures once, and the in-game editor would allow changing colors, etc for different variations on the fly.
- We evolved the game engine and tools to a point where a new feature wouldn’t require an engineer to build it. It was a matter of writing JSON files for the different scripts, speech bubbles, NPCs, etc.
- I worked very closely with animators and artists throughout my time on the team.
- Won the FarmVille 2 CEO of the Week award.
- Wrote very high quality code, where every feature had barely any bugs!